Located at the gateway of the Ardennes, our cottage accommodating 8 people is the perfect haven to enjoy all the wonders that this stunning area offers. Whether with family or with friends, there is plenty to fulfill everybody’s vacation pleasures.
The descent of the Lesse, the Provincial Estate of Chevetogne, the Nautral parc of Furfooz, the needles of Chaleux,the idyllic castles and citadels of the Condroz ... Rochefort and Dinant.
Enjoy an enchanting walk in the woods of Custinne, follow the path that leads to the Tomb of the Wolf . This is the place where King Leopold 1st shot the last wolf of the country.
Visit the gorgeous villages of the surroundings: Conjoux, Furfooz, Foy-Notre-Dame, Gendron, Chevetogne, Han-sur-Lesse, Marche-en-Famenne, Saint-Hubert, Crupet, Sosoye…
But also the smallest and most picturesque villages in Wallonia : Celles, Durbuy and Redu (the book village)
But also full of adventures and Museums :
- Adolphe Sax, Dinant
- The Monoplymuseum at Barsy-Flostoy
- The brewery of the Bocq in Purnode.
- Dinant evasion
- Dinant Adventure
- Royal golf of the Ardennes
- The Caves of Han
- Castle of Vêves -Celles
- Feudal castle of Lavaux -Sainte- Anne
- Freyr Castle
- The Citadel of Dinant
- Natural Park Furfooz
- Annevoie Gardens
- Caves of Dinant
- Rail-bike of the Molignée
- The Abbey of Maredsous
- The Abbey of Leffe
- The valley of flavors.
- Paint Ball
- Ravel (Ciney -Huy or Jemelle - Houyet )
- The Bocq valley to be discover by ancient train from Ciney.
- The Barvaux Labyrinth
- ULM Maillen
- Marché Couvert-Ciney expo-Ciney puces
And plenty of other possibilities ... Don’t hesitate to ask us for advice !
For fishing lovers : the Meuse, the Lesse, Hamois, the Lomme, The Ywoigne , Le Bocq...
The Castle of Lavaux-Sainte-Anne is listed as “Exceptional heritage of Wallonia”. It is one of Wallonia’s most famous buildings, as well as well-known symbol of the Famenne area.
While strolling through the Castle, you can sometimes hear echoes from the castle’s eventful past…
A couple of the castle’s highlights:
- The walk around the moat that will also take you alongside the deer park.
- Discover the inside of the fortress; you can visit it from top to bottom, from cellar to dungeon!
- The Museum of the Lords of Lavaux during the 17th century : see how they enjoyed life in their luxurious surroundings.
- The first floor hosts the Nature museum, and exhibits an impressive collection of stuffed animals that demonstrate the variety of the fauna in the Famenne.
- The museum in the castle cellars evokes rural life in the Famenne area through typical 19th century customs, everyday objects, and celebrations.
- Its wetland, a natural shelter for all kinds of animal specise, is protected by the Walloon government as a natural area of “great biological interest”. It is dotted with information panels packed with interesting facts.
- Children will be disguised as princesses or knights, to make the adventure even more exciting !